May 12, 2014
The weakest point on any USB cable is right below the connector on either side. The solution to this problem could be the Snakable, a Lightning and micro USB cable. Created by Wes Goulbourne, the Snakable comes with a built-in strain relief system that protects the cable from over-bending and possible breaking. Snakable Specifications:
Take a look: http://youtu.be/pVW88mQ68jg Goulbourne is currently seeking funding for the Snakable through Kickstarter. To date, the project has received nearly $30,000 in donations, exceeding the project goal of $28,000. The project will be fully funded on May 25. With a donation of as little as $20, you will receive one Snakable for Apple or Android devices in your choice of color. This is a savings of $10 off the Snakable's expected regular price of $30. Kickstarters should receive their gifts in August. For more on the Snakable, click here. See also: Belkin’s New QODE Thin Type Keyboard Is A Perfect Companion For The iPad Air, Modulo Is The Swiss Army Knife Of Portable Battery Packs For Your iOS Device, and The Powerful, App-Enabled Dropcam Camera Is About To Get A Lot Smarter.
- Will be available in Apple Lightning & Micro USB.
- Will be 4 ft (1.2 m) in length.
- Will be available in a range of colors to start: Red, White, Black, Green, and Orange.
- Heavy duty cable (not like the cheapies you get on the street or drug store) with a coating that keeps the Snakable from knotting and tangling.
- Lightning Snakables will be Apple Certified under the Made for iPhone (MFI) program. That means, no "This cable may not work..." error messages on your iPhone or iPad.