June 26, 2014
As expected, the acclaimed nuclear war real-time strategy game First Strike has gone universal. First Strike was launched on iOS last March, but only for iPad and iPad mini. Fortunately, the game's much-awaited universal update has arrived in the form of First Strike 1.1. First Strike 1.1 essentially makes the game compatible with iPhone and iPod touch as well as iPad and iPad mini. Note, though, that the game is recommended for play on iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, fifth-generation iPod touch, third-generation iPad, fourth-generation iPad, iPad Air, iPad mini, and iPad mini with Retina display. If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. According to developer Feinheit, First Strike 1.1 also includes the following enhancements:
Of course, the new version of the game also includes bug fixes and performance improvements. First Strike 1.1 is available now on the App Store as a free update or as a new $3.99 download.
- Superweapons are the epitome of nuclear warfare, the final researchable tech of first strike.
- The TSAR: Named after the biggest nuclear test in human history, this juggernaught of a missile has the capacity to level continents
- The Stealth Bomber: Inspired by modern drone technology, the elusive stealth bomber flies below the defensive systems, is barely visible once cloaked
- Tactical Highlighting: The First active ability gives you a clear overview of nation ownership.
- Fast Play Toggle: The ability to speed up gameplay by 300% will aid experienced tacticians to quickly try new strategies when starting
First Strike 1.1