June 24, 2014
Shenandoah Studio is set to deploy Desert Fox: The Battle of El Alamein, the latest installment in its popular Crisis in Command series of operational level war-games for iOS. Designed by Mark Herman, the upcoming game takes the Crisis in Command system to crucial North Africa during the 1942 summer standoff between Erwin Rommel aka Desert Fox and Bernard Montgomery. Desert Fox features a campaign mode that gives players control over a wider scope rather than focusing on the final conflict. It also challenges players with working their way around deadly obstacles, including minefields and terrain hazards. Check out the game's teaser trailer: If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. Desert Fox has the following key features:
Desert Fox: The Battle of El Alamein is scheduled to be released on Thursday, June 26. It's going to be available on the App Store as a $9.99 download for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Desert Fox is the third title in the Crisis in Command Series, following Battle of the Bulge and Drive on Moscow: War in the Snow.
- Command tanks, recon units, flak guns and more in strategic desert warfare
- Designed by industry veteran Mark Herman, designer of We the People and Washington’s War.
- Battle through two stand-alone scenarios, capturing key moments in the campaign.
- Place minefields and use terrain to slow your opponent.
- Discover history with extensive historical photos and commentary.
- Face off against distinct AI opponents, local friends, or players online.
Battle of the Bulge
Drive on Moscow: War in the Snow