June 4, 2014
Shoots & Leaves, the camera slash to-do app that lets you simply shoot a photo and create a link to the photo for you to use anyway you want, has just received its first major update. Most notably, the update adds camera roll support and Evernote hosting. The former lets you tap and hold on the shutter button to select photos from your camera roll, while the latter lets you upload photos to Evernote, send links to Evernote, or both. The update also adds support for posting links to Things and Simplenote and the ability to control the size and quality of photo uploads. If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. The latest update to Shoots & Leaves also includes the following improvements:
Optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 7.0 or later, Shoots & Leaves is available in the App Store for $1.99. Shoots & Leaves was named AppAdvice's App of the Week shortly after its release early last January. For more information on the app, check out our original review. [gallery]
- Want to see the tutorial again? Launch it, and find other useful links, from the upload settings menu.
- Dropbox links now point directly to the photo, instead of a sharing page.
- Configured actions that no longer work (e.g. An action that posts to Drafts, but you've deleted the Drafts app.) are no longer hidden. Instead, if you try to select it you're prompted to choose something else or fix the issue. If that action is currently selected you'll be prompted next time the app is launched.
- Configured hosts that no longer work (e.g. You revoked this app's access to your Dropbox account) will prompt you when you select them to pick a different host or fix the issue. If the host is already selected you'll be prompted when the app launches.
- Tons of bugs and UI glitches.
Shoots & Leaves - The Camera That Turns Photos Into Links
Smart Goat, LLC