The popular EA-owned mobile game publisher Chillingo has just announced that it has partnered with the Finnish mobile game developer Nitro Games on an upcoming free-to-play 3-D combat strategy game called Gang of Pirates.
A sort of Clash of Clans with pirates, Gang of Pirates lets you engage in battles with your very own army of scallywags, scoundrels, seadogs, and other swashbucklers against the bases of other players. But in Gang of Pirates, you get to decide where your units attack during raids. Automated battles? No moarrr!
Take a look at the trailer for Gang of Pirates:If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here.
Gang of Pirates boasts the following key features:
- Turn your private island into an impregnable fortress.
- Team up with your friends to form a notorious pirate gang.
- No more automated combat. Guide your attacking force’s every move!
- Battle against players worldwide for loot and notoriety.
- Stunning 3D graphics with amazing visual effects.
- Over 15 buildings, 7 units and 2 special characters to unlock and upgrade.
- Defend your base using cannons, walls, bombs, traps, and more.
- A full single-player campaign with tons of missions to complete.
Gang of Pirates is already available in soft-launch mode on the Canadian App Store. It will be officially released on the App Store worldwide later this year.