July 17, 2014
Game of Thrones Ascent has just gone universal on iOS. Released on the Facebook platform in February last year, Game of Thrones Ascent is a strategic role-playing game developed by Disruptor Beam as an adaptation of George R. R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" fantasy novel series and the HBO TV series "Game of Thrones." Under the publishing banner of Kongregate, Game of Thrones Ascent landed on iOS last March, just a week ahead of the season four premiere of the TV series. However, it made its debut on iOS as an app that's compatible with iPad only. But not to worry, iPhone-wielding bannermen! Game of Thrones Ascent has just received its universal update, making it compatible for play on iPhone as well as iPad. "Any noble equipped with an iPhone 4 or above can now stab, swindle or sabotage on the go," Disruptor Beam notes. As before, Game of Thrones Ascent features more than 2,500 quests and dozens of adventures of choice and consequence, with content matching episodes of the HBO show. Check out the trailer for the game: If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. The new universal version of Game of Thrones Ascent also includes the following:
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, the new universal version of Game of Thrones Ascent is available now on the App Store for free.
- Font optimizations and improvements across the entire game!
- Many tutorial and prologue improvements for our players.
- The Forging Bonds volume tab now appears in the quest window and the Lorebook.
- PtP Patrols are now available, and PtP should be more responsive and accurate than ever!
- Building stats should now update more frequently and be more accurate.
- Fixed an issue where some items could become greyed out and unusable.
- Alliance chat fixes and optimizations.
- Fixed Adventure Party boon images being stretched.
- And many, many more fixes, optimizations, and improvements!
Game of Thrones Ascent