July 5, 2014
About a month ago, we told you that Mojang had been planning the "biggest update" yet to Minecraft - Pocket Edition. Now, the indie game developer has announced that the highly anticipated update is coming next week. What's more, Mojang has provided a rundown of the key enhancements to be delivered by the upcoming update to the hugely popular universal iOS sandbox game, which has been dubbed Minecraft - Pocket Edition 0.9.0. In addition, it has released the following 30-second teaser trailer: If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. "Sorry for keeping you waiting," Mojang says in a new blog post, "but it’s finally time! We’re super excited and really eager to see what you’ll build on the go!" Below is a list of the goodies that you can expect to experience in Minecraft - Pocket Edition 0.9.0, most notably including unlimited worlds, which were first teased by Mojang last February. Check it out:
Minecraft - Pocket Edition 0.9.0 is scheduled to be released on Thursday, July 10. Available for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the App Store, it comes as a free update for all existing players and as a new $6.99 download for new ones. Of course, we'll let you know as soon as the update comes out. So, do stay tuned to AppAdvice.
- Infinite worlds!
- Loads of new blocks and items including Monster Eggs and huge mushroom blocks.
- Wolves! Tame a loyal companion.
- Loads of new flowers! So pretty.
- New mobs, including the spooky endermen and less spooky Mooshrooms.
- New biomes from the PC version, including mesas, jungles, swamps and extreme hills.
- Abandoned mineshafts, villages, and many other cool places to explore.
- A brand-new “interaction” button. Never accidentally punch a sheep again!
- New feature generation, including lakes, vines and monster rooms.
- Many bugs fixed, and possibly a few added.
Minecraft – Pocket Edition