July 9, 2014
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the world of endless running games, here comes a new one that's based on the cult classic SyFy disaster B movie, "Sharknado." Creatively called Sharknado: The Video Game, the upcoming endless runner has you playing as the creatively named Fin in a race to take on a series of shark-infested tornadoes wreaking havoc across New York City. The game challenges you to:
Sharknado: The Video Game is developed by Other Ocean and published by Majesco Entertainment, the studios behind the endless runners NBA Rush and Agent P DoofenDash, respectively. Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, Sharknado: The Video Game is set to invade the App Store before the July 30 premiere of the creatively titled movie sequel "Sharknado 2: The Second One." If you're really into "Sharknado," make sure to check out the "shark cam" app Sharknado: Go Shark Yourself!, which is out now on the App Store for free.
- Run through the streets of Manhattan wielding a broadsword
- Bounce off of the backs of tiger sharks to reach higher ground
- Feed buckets of fish to angry sharks to avoid dying
- Surf New York’s flooded avenues, avoiding hammerhead stampedes
- Collect official Sharknado trading cards
- Grab a chainsaw and fly into the heart of a sharknado, destroying it from the inside
Sharknado: Go Shark Yourself!
NBC Universal, Inc.
RenRen Games USA
Agent P DoofenDASH