Essentially, the update adds universal support to YNAB, making the app natively compatible with iPad and iPad mini as well as iPhone and iPod touch.
The new universal version of YNAB comes with new features specific to the app’s new iPad edition:
- There’s a brand new budget screen and account screen with quick budget links, a month-specific transaction list, and a new header.
- You can edit your budget (only available if you are cloud syncing).
- Simply swipe to move between months.
- You can tap a budget category balance and quickly move money from one category to another.
- You can quickly cover an overspent category from another category’s balance by tapping the category balance.
- Portrait and landscape orientations are supported.
- If you’re using multiple budgets (small business owners), you’ll notice a refreshed interface that’s pretty cool.
What’s more, the update includes a number of new features and enhancements for both iPhone and iPad editions of YNAB. These include automatic entry of scheduled transactions and support for background syncing.