If you’re planning to buy either the 4.7-inch or 5.5-inch “iPhone 6″ on launch day, be prepared to do it on Friday, Sept. 19. This is the date Apple is expected to launch both new handsets, according to iGen.fr.
Since 2008, iPhones have been announced and released according to a fairly consistent schedule. Therefore, Sept. 19 makes a lot of sense.
Still, this is the first report that says that both handsets will arrive on the same day. Previous rumors have said that only the 4.7-inch model would be available on that day.
- 2008, iPhone 3G, announced Monday, June 9, released Friday, July 11.
- 2009, iPhone 3GS, announced Monday, June 8, released Friday, June 19.
- 2010, iPhone 4, announced Monday, June 7, released Thursday, June 24.
- 2011, iPhone 4s, announced Tuesday, Oct. 4, available Friday, Oct. 14.
- 2012, iPhone 5, announced Wednesday, Sept. 12, available Friday, Sept. 21.
- 2013, iPhone 5s/5c, announced Tuesday, Sept. 10, available Friday, Sept. 20.
As 9to5Mac rightly noted, iGen.fr has proved reliable in the past with Apple launch dates.
Apple’s iPhone 6 event is scheduled to begin tomorrow, Sept. 9 beginning at 10 a.m. PDT.
See also: Report: Expect Apple to unveil the ‘iPhone 6’ and ‘iPhone 6 Plus,’ As Apple rumor season ends, schematics leak purportedly showing parts for the ‘iWatch’, and Apple and Disney upgrading store equipment likely for new iPhone payment platform.