Southwest Airlines has just unveiled its new look. This entails a redesign in the U.S.-based low-cost carrier’s various aspects, including its logo, aircrafts, and airport experience. Of course, the new look also has to be applied to the official iOS app of Southwest Airlines — which is exactly what has happened through the app’s new update.
Indeed, Southwest Airlines for iOS has been updated to reflect the company’s new brand design. To be sure, the app remains pretty much the same as far as its structure, navigation, and feature set are concerned. But now, it bears the new Southwest Airlines logo, which shows a tricolored heart instead of a tricolored plane.
According to Southwest Airlines, its new logo and new look signify “the Heart and strength of our nearly 46,000 Employees.”
If you can’t see the video embedded above, please click here.
As before, Southwest Airlines for iOS lets users:
- Check in, book, change, or cancel air reservations
- View your upcoming flight’s status, boarding position, and gate information from the home page
- Access your Mobile boarding pass
- Book or cancel rental car reservations
- Check flight status and setup text notifications
- Add EarlyBird Check-In to an existing reservation
- Enroll in and access your Rapid Rewards account
- View travel and weather alerts
- Access helpful airport information