The latest and presumably greatest version of Infuse, the popular multiformat iOS video player from FireCore, is here.
Infuse 3, as the new version of the app is officially called, boasts a great many new features and improvements.
Perhaps most notably, Infuse 3 includes officially licensed and certified DTS and DTS-HD audio.
It also includes support for browsing and streaming content stored on Wi-Fi hard drives such as AirStash, Sandisk Connect, Seagate Wireless Plus, and Lacie Fuel. Furthermore, it features support for content stored on the Mophie Space Pack battery case for iPhone 5 and iPhone 5s.
Infuse 3 also boasts optimizations for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus and support for iOS 8.
Furthermore, it includes a dark mode, AirDrop sharing for synced files, syncing and streaming over cellular network, and the following enhancements:
- Create favorites for quick access to streamed folders
- Download content from the main ticket view
- Huge improvements for browsing TV show collections
- Download/stream synced files via HTTP
- Download videos in the background
- Use your own folder artwork (folder.png or folder.jpg)
- Default language options for audio, subtitles, and metadata
- Manual artwork for folders (use folder.jpg or folder.png)
- Mark movies and shows as watched/unwatched
- 2-way trakt watched history sync
- Sort files by name or date
- Tap ticket artwork to start video playback
- Manual movie/show title search
- Transfer files via Wi-Fi when iPhone is acting as a hotspot
- Initial URL scheme for video streaming
- Better support for subtitle encoding types
- Better support for some TV series
- Improved AirPlay reliability
- Improved subtitle support for Arabic languages
- Improved playback of some h.264 content
- Resolved issues with missing synced iTunes content
- Various UI updates
- Many other reliability and performance improvements
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 7.0 or later, Infuse 3 is available now on the App Store for free, with in-app purchases offered for unlocking Infuse Pro features including DTS audio support.
With Infuse 3, streaming has been made available to free users as well as Pro users. The newly updated app also offers better handling of new and past in-app purchases. For more information on in-app purchases in Infuse 3, check out FireCore’s FAQ page for Infuse Pro.