Electronic Arts has just updated The Sims FreePlay with new content that might just give Harry Potter and the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry a run for their money.
The latest update to the free-to-play mobile edition of the popular The Sims simulation game brings touches of magic to the proceedings.
It has you making like a witch or a wizard and encountering “magical mysteries and mayhem” at level 8 and beyond. You can cast spells with your magic wand and fly high with your magic broomstick. You can even unlock your very own owl and dragon, which make for more spectacular pets than a mere cat or dog.
If you can’t see the video embedded above, please click here.
The Sims FreePlay’s “Witches and Wizards” update invites you to:
- Discover a world of magic and charms in the Book of Spells Quest – construct Sorcerous Supplies to unlock it
- Conjure up mysterious collectibles in the new Spell Casting Hobby and unlock a gorgeous pet Owl
- Hatch your very own mythical pet Dragon! Handle with care, they are a little bit fiery
- Soar to the skies in the gravity-defying Broomstick Flying Hobby – complete the Spell Casting Hobby and wait until the witching hour on Halloween to unlock it!
- Enchant your friends with stylish new Wizard Costumes, perfect for your magical Sim
- Pick up all your mystical wares at Sorcerous Supplies; it’s stocked full of crystal balls, cauldron fireplaces, and much more
Of course, these magical and supernatural gameplay enhancements have been added to The Sims FreePlay in celebration of Halloween. And in honor of the spooky occasion, the game also invites you to find “frightful” new items every day from Saturday, Oct. 25, through Halloween, the night of Oct. 31.
See also: Big Plants vs. Zombies 2 update ushers in 16 new beach levels and much more, Electronic Arts’ Real Racing 3 updated with new cars, next-level multiplayer and more, and If you can dream it, you can build it: Electronic Arts unveils SimCity BuildIt for iOS.