Gone are the days of sharing your favorite TV moments using the iPhone’s built-in Camera app. Now, a brand new iOS application called Whipclip makes it possible for iPhone owners to search for, clip, and share sections from their favorite TV shows to a variety of social networks.
Touting itself as a “first-of-its-kind” application, Whipclip is indeed a unique piece of software. Through collaborations with a substantial number of TV networks (including Comedy Central, ABC, and CBS), the app allows users to “legally create their own video clips of popular television shows and music videos to share them instantly,” according to a recently published press release.
Richard Rosenblatt, CEO of Whipclip, explained:
Whipclip enables users to find and create their favorite TV and music clips and share them intimately with their closest friends or broadly across their entire social network.
Connected social networks include Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Pinterest. Users can also share their Whipclip-clipped creations using the Messages and Mail apps on iOS, too. Of course, given the range of networks supported by the application, users of Whipclip will be able to begin sharing sections from a growing number of television shows right from version 1.0 of the app.
Impressed? We are, too. Here’s a complete list of features offered by Whipclip, as outlined in the app’s release notes:
- Easily create clips of your favorite TV shows and music videos
- Share your clips to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, and more
- See what’s hot with trending clips in TV and music
- Find your favorite TV moments, song lyrics, quotes, or sound bites by searching keywords, quotes, and hashtags
- New shows added all the time! Check out “Inside Amy Schumer”, “Comedy Bang! Bang!”, and more
- It’s free! Invite and follow all your friends to see what shows everyone is talking about
You can download Whipclip free of charge on the App Store now, and the new application is optimized for the iPhone and iPod touch only.
See also: A new report says many Apple Watch models will be in short supply at launch, Kuvana brings amazing photo presentations to your iOS device, and Former Apple designers announce Olio, a limited edition luxury smartwatch.