Minecraft – Pocket Edition players should be pleased to hear that a major update to the game will be arriving soon.
The biggest addition looks to be skins. Gamers can change the look of their character, but they don’t add any special abilities or change how you play the game.
When the update arrives, gamers can purchase a bundle of paid skins for a $0.99 in-app purchase. The first two, City Folk and Town Folk, will each contain around 20 new skins. Gamers can also find free skins or create their own with the Minecraft: Skin Studio app.
Here’s a list of other additions, according to a Mojang blog post:
- Multiple language support
- Boats with space for two! Take your pet for a pleasant ride.
- The ability to throw stuff from boats, including snowballs and eggs
- Fishing! Now you can fish for fishies!
- Spider jockeys!
- Cave Spiders!
- Adorable baby zombies!
- Weird chicken jockeys!
- Edible clownfish. Yum!
- A fancy new World Edit screen so you can rename worlds, change game modes and do other things
- Creative players can no longer be set on fire. Controversial
- We’ve stopped cheeky chickens from walking on water
- Animals can no longer breed without touching each other ooh err
- Drinking milk now removes mob effects
- Ridiculous amounts of bug fixes
- More cool things that you should discover for yourself
Just last week, a developer of the Pocket Edition said that official MFi controller support is planned for the game.
Earlier this year, Mojang announced the hugely popular mobile version of the sandbox game had been downloaded more than 30 million times. Microsoft purchased the developer in late 2014 for $2.5 billion.
Minecraft – Pocket Edition is a universal app designed for the iPhone/iPod touch and iPad/iPad mini. It can be downloaded now on the App Store for $6.99.
Thanks to a partnership with Telltale, the developer should released the first episode of Minecraft: Story Edition sometime in 2015.
For other app news and reviews today, see: Grab the powerful astronomy title Sky Guide for free via the Apple Store app, You need to be quick to clear out all of the Brickies in this brick breaker game from Noodlecake Studios, and Find your way in the great outdoors with PathAway Pro.