Twicer is a new iOS app that’s designed to spice up video recorded on an iPhone handset.
Optimized for the iPhone and iPod touch, and available on the App Store free of charge, Twicer hopes to better unite the spoken word with smartphone-captured movies. In the app, users can record (or even import) video before adding their own commentary to the movie in a matter of seconds.
Once this is done, users can instantly share video to a range of social networks, and a selection of dedicated channels and “Editor’s Picks” also make it easy for users to discover “unique video content,” too. Over in the app’s release notes, developer Kwarter, Inc. explains:
Twicer is simple. Record or import your video and then record commentary, insights and emotion right into your own video in a matter of seconds. We call these videos, Twices! Twicer is the easiest way to relive the moment, tell the other side of the story and give your viewers the takes from behind the scenes.
Here’s a complete list of features:
- Record a video, or import existing videos directly from their phone.
- Add a video commentary to their favorite videos.
- Instantly share their commented videos on their favorite social networks.
- Follow and interact with people all over the world and keep up with their Twices.
- Explore Twicer Channels and Editor’s Picks to discover unique video content.
- Send private video messages directly to their friends.
I love the idea of using Twicer to make smart videos that deliver a message. For most of us, the option of importing videos into the application before adding separative narrative will be a real boon; it’s a feature I’m pleased to see Twicer support (and something I’ll be using a lot).
In order to take Twicer for a spin, you’ll need to have an iPhone 4 or later running iOS 7. As mentioned, the application supports the iPhone and iPod touch only.