Are you ready to make your trigger finger happy? You better be, because the classic Point Blank light-gun game from Namco, or at least a remake of it, is now playable on your iOS device.
Originally launched for arcade in 1994, Point Blank was ported to PlayStation in 1997 and Nintendo DS in 2006. And now, it has made its way to iOS, albeit in a mobile game adaptation that’s akin to Candy Crush Saga, in the form of Point Blank Adventures.
Point Blank Adventures is a free-to-play target shooting game that progresses through stages within levels across various themed environments — “from underwater worlds to out of this world,” as touted by the game’s official trailer:
If you can’t see the video embedded above, please click here.
Featuring colorful and wacky graphics, the game has you tapping objects on the screen to shoot them. Just make sure to avoid shooting bombs and innocents and to complete the quota within the time, bullet and life limits to continue playing.
Note also that playing Point Blank Adventures requires virtual tickets, of which you have five to start with. If you fail a level, you lose a ticket. You can wait for your ticket stash to regenerate or replenish it instantly via in-app purchase.
Point Blank Adventures offers the following key features:
- More than 250 challenges over 100 levels to test your sharpshooting skills
- Journey through 10 cool hand-drawn worlds, with oceans, outer space, wild west and more
- Play fun minigames that are easy to get into, but tough to master
- Pick up boosters to make targets easier to hit and help you complete your mission
- Compete with friends by following their scores and progress on the treasure map using Facebook Connect