The game, AirAttack 2, is priced at $1.99 and is optimized for the iPhone/iPod touch and iPad. It promises gamers a similar AirAttack gaming experience, albeit one that takes full advantage of Apple’s current hardware (while, at the same time, featuring a number of new additions).
Air combat has never looked so good
The good news for fans of the original is that AirAttack 2 borrows from the same gaming setup. Once again, iOS gamers are thrown into the middle of World War II, and are placed in charge of an upgradable airplane. There’s an immersive, 3D environment (which is also “fully destructible,” according to developer Art In Games), and a stirring orchestral soundtrack accompanies players on their flights.
AirAttack 2 does also give the World War II genre a “modern rendering,” and gamers can upgrade their airplanes in a number of interesting ways. Lasers, homing rockets, flamethrowers, and more can all be added onto your aircraft in order to cause maximum damage on the battlefield. You can put these upgrades to use across 22 levels, or while attempting to secure one of the game’s daily or weekly challenges.
Here’s a complete list of features, as outlined in the app’s release notes:
- 22 Stunning levels with countless missions to complete
- Fully destructible 3D environment
- Orchestral soundtrack with 30 unique scores
- Daily and Weekly Challenges with rewards
- 5 Player Planes
- Plane Upgrades: Flamethrower, Tail Gunner, Bombs, Lasers, Wingmen, Homing Rockets, …
- Amazing Lighting and Explosion Effects
- Challenge, Beat and Chat with your Friends
- Game Center and Facebook support
All in all, AirAttack 2 is definitely a game which fans of the genre should check out. As mentioned, you can download it now for $1.99, and the title is optimized for the iPhone/iPod touch and iPad.