For those who want a fast and thorough way to solve equations on their homework assignments.
Photomath is a smart calculator app that does something unique and special, and is an invaluable tool for students. Just launch the app, point your camera at your equation, scan it, and Photomath will come up with the answer. But that's not all — rather than just give you an answer without showing you how it arrives to that solution, you'll get detailed step-by-step explanations of how to arrive at that answer. At the moment, Photomath has full support for arithmetics, fractions, decimal numbers, linear equations, equation systems, and some functions like logarithms. While you can have Photomath solve more complex problems like integrals, trigonometry, and derivatives, these don't have support for step-by-step explanations just yet.
Why we love it
We remember how tough equations can be in school, and wish we had something like this around back then. Being able to take a photo of the equation and then have it explain how to get the answer is super helpful.
iCurve Plotter & iMulti Plotter, are of the best graph applications available in the App Store, yet easy to use. they are handy tools essential for doctors, engineers, students and laboratories. Used to plot the mathematical equations, it uses advanced expression interpreter to plot those equation’s curves. Just enter your expressions and the app will do the rest for you, and represents the graphical output instantly on a Cartesian plane. You can always manipulate the graph interactively (zooming in/out, scrolling and tracking). so you can determine the value of (y) for any given value of (x), plus the slope of a curve at that specific point. also you can get the precise numbers using a dedicated Solver UI. and now you can calculate & visualize area under curve for a given interval. you always can get the equation and numerical results in a formatted sheet that can be exported or shared. Minima, maxima & root points are calculated and represented automatically.
- Easy expression entry form, with history.
- Specialized numeric & function keyboards.
- Controlling graph look & behavior.
- Controlling properties of Pen, Text, Color for both curves & graph.
- Automatic axes Scaling.
- Zoom in/out, scrolling & Tracking.
- Reset Graph, Origin.
- Graph lock.
- Exportable calculations Sheet.
- Interactively & numerically enterd limits specification.
- Solver & Solved points collection with auto re-calculation.
- POI points collection with auto re-calculation.
- Live Curve Slope tracking & calculations.
- Precision Control.
- Area under curve presentation & calculations, with interactive tagging.
- Certified by EAS Organization.
GraphNCalc83 uses touch, color and blazing speed to handle your math problems. The familiar calculator keyboard, arrow keys and functions are enhanced with full touch input for all graphs, editors and menus. Enter calculations in natural textbook format. Enter fractions and view result as fractions. Trace graphs with your finger. Zoom in and out with a pinch. Explore regressions with a tap on the screen. Scroll through the list, matrix and calculation history with a swipe. Tap the ? key for help. Written using the latest 64 bit math libraries, GraphNCalc83 harnesses the amazing computing resources of the iPhone and iPad to provide a colorful, fast and fluid experience. Graphs scroll, glide and zoom smoothly. Matrix, statistics and BASIC programs run 500x times faster than traditional calculators.
Algebraic entry: Enter problems using full algebraic textbook notation. The command line editor includes interactive parenthesis matching and high lighting, undo and redo, bubble function help and a 200 level calculation history and recall stack. Generate a PDF report of calculations for mailing or printing using the SEND function.
Math functions: Trigonometry, logarithms, function minimum, maximum, numeric integration and derivatives, general solver, real and imaginary numbers, combination, permutation, random number generation, normal, T, chi squared, Fisher, poisson and geometric distributions, binary shift and rotate, test and logic operations, list operations including sort, std. deviation, sum, sequence, matrix determinant, transpose, sum, ref, rref, addition, multiplication.
Graph functions, parametric and polar equations and statistics plots: Full color graphs with touch to trace, pinch zoom, function minimum, maximum, intersections, asymptotes and numeric integration. Output graphs in high resolution PDF format for mailing or printing. Interactively explore function behavior using variables tied to slider bars.
Statistics, Inferential Statistics and Distributions: A set of inferential statistics worksheets and graphs of distributions are included. The regression analysis screen allows you to quickly compute, view and analyze a data set using a variety of curve fitting methods.
Table: Analyze functions using the table viewer. Use the split screen mode to simultaneously view a graph and table.
Matrix and Lists: Matrix and list editors and a full set of matrix and list operations are built in.
Unit Converter and Constants: Convert between a wide variety of scientific, engineering and common units. A large set of physical constants are also included.
BASIC programming: Create, edit, debug and run BASIC programs. Programs run more than 500 times faster than traditional calculators. Import and execute .83p and .8xp files.
Chemistry: The calculator includes a full featured periodic table, a mass calculator and a data base of element properties. The touch interface allows you to view and interact with the periodic table to view by series, state, melting point, boiling point, electronegativity, electron affinity, valence, ionization, radius, hardness, modulus, density, conductivity, heat and year discovered.
Geometry: The geometry application computes perimeter and area for a variety of 2d geometric figures including squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangles, polygons, circles, arcs and ellipses. A full triangle solver and interactive unit circle grapher are built in. Solve line intersections, project a point to a line and find a circle given 3 points.
Finance: Compute time value of money problems including annuities, lump sums and uneven cash flow analysis with IRR and NPV
Built-in user guide: A user guide is included and is a touch away using the ? key or ⓘ on any menu. All functions have a full manual page with description of arguments and examples of use. Pop up bubble help displays function arguments during problem entry and program editing.
** I believe this is now better overall than the Scientific Graphing Calculator. **
The Scientific Graphing Calculator app, rewritten from the ground up:
-- All screens have portrait and landscape
-- Polynomial solver up to 10th degree
-- Wide range of settings for font sizes and graph line widths
-- Updates to this version will be more frequent, going forward
-- Matrix calculator more intuitive and is integrated with main calculator screen
-- Table has an "ask" mode where you enter input values and it gives you the outputs.
-- Please report bugs to the email address inside the app
1) Scientific Calculator. A lot of thought has gone into the design of the keyboard, which gives you everything you need while keeping the keys as large as possible. Available functions include the following:
• the usual arithmetic functions and exponentiation.
• square root, cube root, nth root, natural log, log base 10, log of arbitrary base, absolute value, factorial, permutations (nPr), combinations (nCr), modulus, random integer, bell curve, cumulative normal distribution.
• Define and name your own constants
• Complex numbers!
• Sig figs (enable under settings)
• Programmable keys (enable under settings)
2) Graphing. Capabilities:
• Graph up to nine equations at once.
• Graphs are labeled.
• You can drag the graph or pinch to zoom in or out.
• Calculator can find roots and intersections.
• Can graph in polar coordinates.
• Can graph parametric equations.
• Can graph parametric equations.
• Can graph implicit functions, such as x^2+y^2-4=0. Most calculator apps can't do this!
3) Vector and Matrix calculator. Vector dot and cross products. Multiply and add matrices. Determinant, transpose, Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors.
4) It can make a table of the values of any function you care to enter. You can choose the starting x value of the table, as well as how much x increases for each successive row.
5) Triangle solver. Enter three sides, two sides and an angle, or two angles and a side, and the solver calculates the rest.
6) Polynomial solvers. Find the roots of a polynomial, up to 10th degree.
7) System of linear equations solver.
8) The reference hits the high points of the following subjects:
algebra, calculus, geometry, trigonometry, vectors, vector calculus, and classical mechanics. So if you need a reminder of a trig identity . . . or the quadratic formula . . . or the chain rule from calculus . . . and so on, it's right there for you.
9) A unit converter. Your data are in meters, and you need an answer in feet? No problem! With a tap, you can enter the result of your conversion into the calculator. Currently converts different units of the following: acceleration, angle, area, density, distance, energy, force, mass, power, pressure, speed, temperature, time, and volume. Great for physics problem sets! You can also define your own units.
10) Constants for scientific calculations -- speed of light, strength of gravity at Earth's surface, etc. etc. etc. Tapping on a constant will insert it into your calculation -- i.e, you don't have to key in the value. Again, great for physics problem sets!
11) Statistics mode, including options for scatter plots and for regression lines.
12) Works on both iPhone and iPad.
13) Derivatives! (Answer simplification is limited.)
I'd love to learn about your comments or suggestions. You can write me at the email address on the settings screen of the app. Thanks!