For those who want a fast and thorough way to solve equations on their homework assignments.
Photomath is a smart calculator app that does something unique and special, and is an invaluable tool for students. Just launch the app, point your camera at your equation, scan it, and Photomath will come up with the answer. But that's not all — rather than just give you an answer without showing you how it arrives to that solution, you'll get detailed step-by-step explanations of how to arrive at that answer. At the moment, Photomath has full support for arithmetics, fractions, decimal numbers, linear equations, equation systems, and some functions like logarithms. While you can have Photomath solve more complex problems like integrals, trigonometry, and derivatives, these don't have support for step-by-step explanations just yet.
Why we love it
We remember how tough equations can be in school, and wish we had something like this around back then. Being able to take a photo of the equation and then have it explain how to get the answer is super helpful.
PocketCAS is the most advanced mathematics application for iPhone and iPad. It can help you with any kind of math problem, from elementary school all the way up to calculus, algebra and statistics. It can replace your old graphing calculator, help you with your homework, and assist you in any kind of calculation for university or work.
This app is an indispensable tool for every student, teacher and engineer. It makes college-level calculus and algebra easy and can help you in a wide range of cases. It provides features comparable with a TI-89 calculator and combines them with a modern, intuitive interface and incredible graphics capabilities.
- 2D Plots: Quickly create 2D cartesian, implicit, polar or parametric plots.
- 3D Plots: PocketCAS draws stunning 3D plots! Supports x-y cartesian plots, parametric area plots and parametric line plots.
- Animated plots: Use the variable 'anim' to animate any plot over time.
- Calculus: Calculate limits, derivatives, integrals and taylor expansions.
- Linear Algebra: Invert and multiply matrices or calculate determinants, eigenvalues and much more!
- Algebra: Perform integer and polynomial factorization and division, use permutations, and more.
- Solving: PocketCAS will solve almost any equation for you. It even supports systems of linear equations and ordinary differential equations!
- Scripting: PocketCAS' C-style scripting language allows you to define custom functions, use conditional expressions, loops and also supports recursion.
- Physical Units: Constants and units are provided out of the box. Simply enter physical formulas with the corresponding units and convert results to the units you prefer.
- iCloud support: Sync documents between your Mac, iPhone and iPad!
- Export: Print or export plots, entries or the whole document as PDF!
- Document Import: Load functions and variables from existing documents to re-use your work in other calculations.
- CSV Import: Load tabular data and process it in CSV format!
- Mathematical keyboard: PocketCAS' mathematical keyboard is unmatched on the App Store.
- Help: All functions are explained in the built-in reference. If you're stuck, there's plenty of tutorials as well as a manual (https://pocketcas.com/manual) to get you going. And you can always contact our support (https://pocketcas.com/support) for help!
- Offline computation: PocketCAS doesn't need an internet connection to calculate results.
"This program has an incredible amount of power for such a compact program. I teach high school math, and this program can work with all sorts of expressions, graphs, and help check my work. Definitely worth it!"
"You will love this calculator. It's powerful to calculate everything, doesn't matter you're a high school student or college student. Specially for the people who like to solve problems with graphs!"
"This app is so powerful and slick looking. It is totally amazing and what it can do."
"One of three Apps I use when teaching A Level maths. Have recommended to numerous students. Excellent."
"This is one of the best. The CAS capabilities are compatible to only two other apps, and this one is all offline and includes countless additional features. It's never steered me wrong and is the first thing I go to when I'm in a hurry to figure something out. If you're a student this is pretty much as good as it can get."
"I am 8 years old and this App is awesome! It helps you learn calculus quickly. It's a work of art!"
GraphLock is the ONLY scientific and graphing calculator app designed to be used in classrooms and on exams due to its unique Lockdown mode!
This app will turn your device into the fast and powerful tool you need to succeed in your math, physics, science and engineering classes/exams. Plus you never have to carry a separate calculator again! GraphLock is designed for education, studying at home and test environments.
The unique Lockdown feature disables phone functions (calls, texts, notification, internet, etc.) and turns the device into a calculator until the timer runs out or the authority figure (Teacher, Parent, Proctor) unlocks the user.
NOTE: You can use the calculator while not in Lockdown anytime, anywhere. You don’t need the internet and your device functions as normal.
Teachers - are you struggling to keep students off their phones and on task during class?
* You can create a Lockdown session and set a timer, then your students can only access the calculator on their device, meaning: no texts, no calls, no internet, no other apps!
* The classroom monitoring platform allows teachers to create classes, start/stop lockdown sessions, customize the calculator, send chats to classes, and get alerted if a student tries to make an emergency call or force his/her way out of lockdown.
* There is also a proctor version ideal for Testing Centers.
Parents - do your children waste time on their phone instead of doing homework?
* Parents can use Lockdown on their children’s devices, taking homework time to a whole new level!
Students - don’t want to spend over $100 on a scientific and graphing calculator?
* Students can simply download the calculator they need, on a device they already have, and use at school for only $4.99 per year
LOCKDOWN MODE FEATURES:
* During Lockdown, a student can make an emergency call if
needed, but the session administrator will still be notified
* The teacher/parent/proctor will not be able to control the
student’s device, nor have access to anything on the device
* No distance restriction
Just Lock Me Mode:
* Use to avoid distractions - set a timer and put yourself in Lockdown
* Graph as many functions as you want
* All graphs color coded
* Chart data
* Pinch to zoom
* Unlimited number of graphs
* Trace the graph to see coordinate values
* Find intersections and roots
* Find min/max points - parabolas, curves, waves
* Calculus - find derivatives at specific points
* Solve quadratic equations
* Algebra formula
* Square roots
* Logs and natural logs
* Exponential functions
* Absolute value
* Trigonometric functions
* And many more functions
* Identity Matrix
* Reduced Row Echelon
* Mean, Median and Mode
* Standard Deviation
* Var1(x), Var2(x,y)
* User can store data in lists or directly enter data
* Present Value
* Future Value
* Effective Rate
* Compounding Periods
* Interest Rate
Created by a teacher for teachers, parents, proctors and students
At GraphLock, our mission is to promote equity in STEM education and give all students the same opportunities to reach their full potential!
Student and Parent yearly subscriptions and all other version payments are made via your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Otherwise the account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
Want to use GraphLock at your school? Contact us at: [email protected] and go to http://www.graphlock.com for more information!
Tutorials and Demos: www.youtube.com/graphlock
If you have a question, contact us at [email protected]
iCurve Plotter & iMulti Plotter, are of the best graph applications available in the App Store, yet easy to use. they are handy tools essential for doctors, engineers, students and laboratories. Used to plot the mathematical equations, it uses advanced expression interpreter to plot those equation’s curves. Just enter your expressions and the app will do the rest for you, and represents the graphical output instantly on a Cartesian plane. You can always manipulate the graph interactively (zooming in/out, scrolling and tracking). so you can determine the value of (y) for any given value of (x), plus the slope of a curve at that specific point. also you can get the precise numbers using a dedicated Solver UI. and now you can calculate & visualize area under curve for a given interval. you always can get the equation and numerical results in a formatted sheet that can be exported or shared. Minima, maxima & root points are calculated and represented automatically.
- Easy expression entry form, with history.
- Specialized numeric & function keyboards.
- Controlling graph look & behavior.
- Controlling properties of Pen, Text, Color for both curves & graph.
- Automatic axes Scaling.
- Zoom in/out, scrolling & Tracking.
- Reset Graph, Origin.
- Graph lock.
- Exportable calculations Sheet.
- Interactively & numerically enterd limits specification.
- Solver & Solved points collection with auto re-calculation.
- POI points collection with auto re-calculation.
- Live Curve Slope tracking & calculations.
- Precision Control.
- Area under curve presentation & calculations, with interactive tagging.
- Certified by EAS Organization.