Scan and solve. Photomath makes it super easy to find the solution to a math problem but also teach you how to arrive to that conclusion. Just launch the app, point the camera at the problem you're having some trouble with, and then the app will detect it and put the equation on the screen for you — if it's the right problem, then just tap on it to view a step-by-step explanation of how to get the answer. Sometimes you will need to adjust the box for the camera so that it properly captures the problem that you want to find the answer for.
Easy to use. Photomath is a super helpful tool for students taking math courses and the best part is that it is incredibly easy to use. There is a brief tutorial on the first launch that tells you how to use the app, but it is fairly straightforward: point, scan, and solve while learning. But be warned — the app only works on printed math problems, not your own handwriting. Fortunately, there is also a built-in keyboard when you have to manually input a math problem in.
What is it about?
Photomath is a smart calculator app that does something unique and special, and is an invaluable tool for students. Just launch the app, point your camera at your equation, scan it, and Photomath will come up with the answer. But that's not all — rather than just give you an answer without showing you how it arrives to that solution, you'll get detailed step-by-step explanations of how to arrive at that answer.
For those who...
- Are students who are taking math classes
- Need help with math and require full explanations of how to get answers
- Enjoy nerding out with equations
Not for those who...
- Are not students taking math classes
- Don't like equations
- Are geniuses and can solve everything on their own already
Why we love it
We remember how tough equations can be in school, and wish we had something like this around back then. Being able to take a photo of the equation and then have it explain how to get the answer is super helpful.
Photomath is FREE but there are more add-ons
1 Month Supporter
6 Months Supporter
12 Months Supporter
App Store Description
Learn math, check homework and study for upcoming tests and ACTs/SATs with the most used math learning app in the world! Got tricky homework or class assignments? Get unstuck ASAP with our step-by-step explanations and animations.
Photomath is free and works without wi-fi or data. Whether you’re on the bus, in a cave, or just offline, core Photomath is always available.
We’ve got you covered from basic arithmetic to advanced calculus and geometry. You CAN do math!
• Word problem explanations!
• No internet or data required for equation-based problems
• Free to use
• Step-by-step explanations for every solution
• Exclusive how-to animations
• Scroll through multiple solving methods per problem
• Multi-functional scientific calculator
• Interactive graphs
MATH TOPICS COVERED
• Basic Math/Pre-Algebra: arithmetic, integers, fractions, decimal numbers, powers, roots, factors da
• Algebra: linear equations/inequalities, quadratic equations, systems of equations, logarithms, functions, matrices, graphing, polynomials
• Geometry (specific textbooks only)
• Trigonometry/Precalculus: identities, conic sections, vectors, sequences and series, logarithmic functions
• Calculus: limits, derivatives, integrals, curve sketching
• Statistics: combinations, factorials
“An answer isn’t all you’ll get from this free app. Photomath also provides a step-by-step guide of how each problem is solved.” — Huffington Post
“The step-by-step guide is beneficial to students that do not have access to a tutor and struggle with solving math problems.” — Forbes
“A viral video about a new app looks like a dream come true for anyone who struggles with math.” — Time
Want to boost your learning experience? With Photomath Plus, you get:
High-quality teacher-approved explanations for every problem in select textbooks, including word and geometry problems! Learn or repeat math concepts at your own pace.
Detailed animations that help you visualize and understand each math step.
TIPS & HINTS
Level up your learning by understanding “how” and “why” math problems are solved, or remember forgotten terms and concepts with our embedded glossary.
• Payment will be charged to your Apple ID account at the confirmation of purchase.
• A subscription automatically renews unless it’s canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current billing period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. • Manage or cancel your subscription in your account settings on the App Store after purchase.
• Offers and pricing subject to change without notice.
Suggestions or questions? Email us at [email protected]
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.