After unveiling the new MacBook Pro models featuring only USB-C ports in late October, Apple discounted prices on a number of compatible cables and adapters. Those discounts were originally set to last until the end of 2016. But just recently, Apple has extended the discounts on USB-C accessories until March 31, 2017.
A number of other third-party USB-C accessories are also discounted on Apple’s site.
Here’s the list of Apple accessories discounted until the end of 2016.
- USB-C to Lightning Cable (1m) – $19 (was $25)
- USB-C to Lightning Cable (2m) – $29 (was $35)
- USB-C to USB Adapter – $9 (was $19)
- Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter – $29 (was $49)
- USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter – $49 (was $69)
- USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter – $49 (was $69)
After announcing the original discounts, Apple said it wanted to make the transition to USB-C easier for users.
“We recognize that many users, especially pros, rely on legacy connectors to get work done today and they face a transition. We want to help them move to the latest technology and peripherals, as well as accelerate the growth of this new ecosystem. Through the end of the year, we are reducing prices on all USB-C and Thunderbolt 3 peripherals we sell, as well as the prices on Apple’s USB-C adapters and cables.”