Apple has officially released iOS 11.2.5. Anyone with an iPhone or iPad can download iOS 11.2.5 over-the-air or through iTunes. On an iOS device, go the Settings > General > Software Update.
Along with full support for the HomePod, which will arrive early next month, Siri will now play news-oriented podcasts when asking about current events.
Here are the complete release notes:
– Setup and automatically transfer your Apple ID, Apple Music, Siri and Wi-Fi settings to HomePod.
– Siri can now read the news, just ask, “Hey Siri, play the news”. You can also ask for specific news categories including Sports, Business or Music.
Other improvements and fixes
– Addresses an issue that could cause the Phone app to display incomplete information in the call list
– Fixes an issue that caused Mail notifications from some Exchange accounts to disappear from the Lock screen when unlocking iPhone X with Face ID
– Addresses an issue that could cause Messages conversations to temporarily be listed out of order
– Fixes an issue in CarPlay where Now Playing controls become unresponsive after multiple track changes
– Adds ability for VoiceOver to announce playback destinations and AirPod battery level
The software also fixes the bug in Messages where a malicious link can cause the app to freeze and become unresponsive.