Apple has just updated its video creation app Clips with a new AR Spaces feature.
Available for the iPhone 12 Pro line and newer iPad Pro models with a LiDAR Scanner, the feature allows users to add immersive video effects.
There are seven AR Spaces effects to select from:
- Prism: Ribbons of rainbow light scan the walls, floors, and objects in a room.
- Confetti: Celebratory bursts of confetti fall and accumulate on flat surfaces.
- Disco: Shining lights reflect off the disco ball that hangs from the ceiling of the space.
- Dance Floor: Colorful tiles of light dance in patterns across the floor.
- Sparkles: Golden sparkle emoji and white glitter fill the space.
- Stardust: Magical trails of starlight encircle and follow a person in the video.
- Hearts: Floating heart balloons bubble up within the space.
The app recognizes anyone in the video and projects the effects all around. AR Spaces can also be combined with stickers, text, and emojis and recorded in all aspect ratios.
Apple is also promising monthly updates to the app with additional filters, Live Titles, text, stickers, and posters related to seasonal events and cultural trends. You’ll also receive a notification when new content is added.