Apple has announced that the company’s annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) will run from June 13 through June 17. As in past years, the 27th annual WWDC will be held at the Moscone West Convention Center in San Francisco. The annual keynote kicks off the event on Monday, June 13 from the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium.
Big week ahead
According to Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing:
“With four innovative operating systems and a new, intuitive programming language powering over 1 billion devices worldwide, there has never been a more exciting time to bring our developer community together. WWDC 2016 is going to be a landmark event for developers who are coding in Swift, and building apps and products for iOS, OS X, watchOS and tvOS. We can’t wait for everyone to join us — in San Francisco or through the live stream.”
Developers can apply for tickets via the WWDC website now through Friday, April 22 at 10 a.m. PDT. Tickets will be issued to attendees through a random selection process, and developers will know the status of their application by Monday, April 25 at 5 p.m. PDT. As in previous years, tickets to WWDC 2015 are $1,599.
According to Apple, WWDC 2016 features:
- over 1,000 Apple engineers supporting more than 150 hands-on labs and events to provide developers with code-level assistance, insight into optimal development techniques and guidance on how they can make the most of iOS, OS X, watchOS and tvOS technologies in their apps;
- access to the latest innovations, features and capabilities of iOS, OS X, watchOS and tvOS, and best practices for enhancing an app’s functionality, performance, quality and design;
- the opportunity to connect with thousands of fellow iOS, OS X, watchOS and tvOS developers from around the world — last year, 80 percent of developers attended for their first time, and in total, more than 70 countries were represented;
- a series of get-togethers for attendees focused on particular topics with special guest speakers and activities;
- engaging and inspirational lunchtime sessions with trailblazers and influencers from the worlds of technology, science and entertainment; and
- the Apple Design Awards which recognize iPhone®, iPad®, Apple Watch®, Apple TV® and Mac® apps that demonstrate technical excellence, innovation and outstanding design.
Apple officially announced WWDC 2016 through Siri on Monday, April 18.