After officially launching in China last month, a trio of new banks in the country now support Apple Pay.
Three new China banks
Here are the new additions in China:
• China Everbright Bank
• Huaxia Bank
• Ping An Bank
Due to huge demand, the first few days of the rollout did have some issues for customers. But those seem to have disappeared. China Guangfa Bank and the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China were the two banks supporting the system at launch.
The China market is extremely important for Apple Pay’s long-term success. The country is the second largest for Apple products by revenue. And a whopping 358 million users in the country already use their handsets to make purchases.
More than 1,000 financial institutions in the U.S.
And a number of new smaller banks and credit unions have also jumped on the bandwagon in the United States. Here’s the list:
• Advantage One Credit Union
• Ally Bank
• Amalgamated Bank (in addition to previously supported Amalgamated Bank of Chicago)
• America First Federal Credit Union
• Awakon Federal Credit Union
• Banco do Brasil Americas
• Bank of Internet USA
• BrightStar Credit Union
• Citizens National Bank (in a second state)
• CNB Bank
• Communication Federal Credit Union
• Darien Rowayton Bank
• El Dorado Savings Bank
• Envista Credit Union
• Fidelity Bank (in additional banks)
• First Commons Bank
• First Merchants Bank
• First Western Bank
• Firstar Bank
• Florida Community Bank – National Association
• Forcht Bank N.A.
• Frederick County Bank
• Grand Rapids State Bank
• Hometown Bank of Corbin Inc.
• Horizon Bank (separate from Horizon Bank N.A.)
• Liberty Bay Credit Union
• Maine State Credit Union
• MB Financial
• Monroe County Community Credit Union
• Mound City Bank
• Northern Credit Union
• Norway Savings Bank
• NSWC Federal Credit Union
• Ozark Bank
• Rainbow Federal Credit Union
• Relyance Bank
• Republic Bank
• Rock Canyon Bank
• Rockford Bank and Trust
• Southwest Capital Bank
• Summit Credit Union (in a new location)
• Texas Bank
• Texas First Bank
• Utilities Employees Credit Union
• UVA Community Credit Union
• Ventura County Credit Union
• Whatcom Educational Credit Union
• Winnsboro State Bank
Along with the United States and China, Apple Pay is available to users in the United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia. Currently, in Canada and Australia only American Express cards can be used.
A new place to try out Apple Pay
The Speedpass+ app can be used at more than 6,000 ExxonMobil locations in the United States.
While it’s not as easy as just waving your iPhone or Apple Watch at a payment terminal, it is a time saver.
By using geolocation, the app determines what gas station you are at. You can then select what pump you’re at and then pay with the handset.
Just to note, you will have to start fueling within 45 seconds after paying.
More than 2 million retail locations in the United States currently support Apple Pay, and that number is continuing to grow. Most recently, Chick-fil-A, Crate & Barrel, and Au Bon Pain announced upcoming plans for Apple Pay.
Download the app