After a big dose a controversy earlier this week that cast doubt on the future of Pokémon Go for Apple Watch, Niantic has just updated the app for the wearable device. That’s great timing especially since Apple’s annual App Store shutdown begins tomorrow on Friday, Dec. 23.
Get to searching
With Pokémon Go for Apple Watch, you can accomplish a number of different tasks including seeing notifications about nearby Pokémon.
Here’s some of what you can do with the Apple Watch version of the game:
- Log each play session as a workout, with gameplay counting toward personal Activity rings.
- Receive notifications about nearby Pokémon.
- Count distance toward hatching Pokémon Eggs and receiving Candy with your Buddy Pokémon.
- Receive notifications about PokéStops nearby and collect items from them.
- Receive notifications when Eggs hatch and medals are awarded.
Pokémon Go is designed for the iPhone/iPod touch and can be downloaded now on the App Store for free.
Download the app now