The first full week of June 2016 was full of WWDC news and rumors. Here’s a look back at the week that was.
Top News Stories
Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) begins tomorrow, June 13. Not surprisingly, tomorrow’s 10 a.m. PDT keynote address is likely to focus on software. Here’s what should be unveiled in San Francisco, California:
- Apple unveils “iOS 10”
- Siri comes to Mac
- Apple Pay arrives on the web
- App Store subscriptions get a makeover
- iMessages for Android is announced
- OS X becomes macOS
- iTunes, Apple Music get a facelift
We’ll be providing full coverage of WWDC on Monday. As usual, Apple is live streaming Monday’s address.
On the App Store
This week, one of the most impressive Live Photos apps was released … by Google. Motion Stills allows iPhone 6s users to see Live Photos without having to place a finger on the image.
Additionally, the app offers an easy way to convert Live Photos to animated GIFs (so the rest of the world can experience them). Motion Stills also includes a great stabilization feature.
Other app news:
Get the apps:
Games in review
Christine Chan reviews new App Store titles
I have been waiting for MAJUSCULA for a few weeks now, and I’m not disappointed with the final result. The game is gorgeous with minimalistic graphics and the atmospheric soundtrack. The controls are intuitive and don’t take a lot of time to learn, but the timing is everything so it is still hard to master.- Christine Chan
This week’s reviews feature infinite puzzlers, gorgeous platformers, and more:
- Clear the Grid by Spelling the Best Words in AlphaPit
- Jump Through a Typographic World in MAJUSCULA, a Gorgeous Platformer
- Lay Waste to Dungeon Foes in the Action-Packed Heroes of Loot 2
- Flip Your Way Through Infinite Puzzles in Flipominos
- You’re Never Alone in This Gorgeous and Cultural Puzzle-Platformer
Experience the games:
Wearables and Other Accessory News
Father’s Day is one week from today, June 19. To celebrate, be sure to check out AppAdvice’s Ultimate Father’s Day Accessory Gift Guide.
Other accessory news: