Apple’s watchOS 4.3 is now available to download by the general public.
In the companion Watch iPhone app, head to the My Watch tab and select General > Software Update. Your watch will need to be charged to more than 50 percent, on a charger, and connected to Wi-Fi.
Here are some notable changes in the software:
- There is now a Nightstand Mode when charging a watch in landscape orientation.
- Activity information is now available to view in the Siri watch face.
- The Music app can control music playback on an iPhone.
- A new charging animation.
- A new animation when a watch is used to unlock a Mac.
- An Apple Watch can be used to control volume and playback on a HomePod
The return of iPhone music controls on the watch is an especially nice addition.