What is it about?
Because Amazon uses a propriety format for its books, you’ll need the Kindle app to read any ebooks purchased from Amazon.com. Given Amazon’s size and penchant for discounting books, it’s highly likely you own one or more of their e-books. However, even if you don’t, Amazon’s Kindle app offers one of the best reading experiences on the iPad, as it syncs your cloud-stored books (including annotations and bookmarks) across devices, includes an in-app dictionary, and can also display Mobi and PDF files that don't have DRM. Kindle also displays library books and, unlike other library-enabled apps, it syncs the library books, along with annotations and bookmarks. Indeed, you can even send personal documents to the Kindle app and store up to 5GB in your Kindle Cloud for download to other devices or at a later date. Some of the most prominent “read later” services even support sending your saved links to your Kindle email address, so you can sync those documents as well.
App Store Description
Turn your iPhone or iPad into a Kindle with the free Kindle app, and carry all your eBooks with you, wherever you go.
eBooks (including those with narration) that you have purchased on Amazon will automatically appear in your app. Kindle Unlimited and Amazon Prime members can select and download eBooks directly in the app.
What you’ll get:
• With your newsfeed you can discover what the readers you trust are reviewing and rating highly to find your next great read, and discuss the books, passages and ideas that inspire you while only being one tap away from diving back into your book.
• Sample any eBook for free
• Magazines, newspapers, graphic novels and textbooks with high-res color images
• A customizable reading experience with your choice of font style, size and more
• Comfortable reading day and night with adjustable screen brightness and page color
• Discover and download Kindle Unlimited eBooks and magazines
• Unique features like X-Ray, Whispersync, Page Flip, Print Replica, flashcards and more
• Instant translations and definitions, without leaving the page
• Ability to make and share in-page highlights
• Bold font and text size options
• Access to local library eBooks
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.