Amazon has been quick to catch up with Netflix and other services with their video offerings. If you're a subscriber to their Prime service, any video you can view on your computer can be streamed to your iPad. If you prefer to rent movies individually, those active rentals can be streamed as well. Downloading this app onto your iPad is a no-brainer if you're part of the Amazon Prime phenomenon.
What is it about?
Amazon Prime Video has hundreds of thousands of movies, TV shows and original content available to stream or download. The helpful Watchlist feature makes it easy for you to add videos for later viewing. Auto Play is another useful feature that allows you to start watching the next episode of your favorite show automatically, which is perfect for binge watching! The service is compatible with your Apple TV and is included in your Amazon Prime subscription.
For those who...
- Already use Amazon Prime
- Looking for something not named Netflix
- Want new films now
Not for those who...
- Aren't a Netflix user
- Have Netflix, don't want to spend any more
Why we love it
A vast expanse of movies and TV shows included with your Amazon Prime subscription. What could be better?
Amazon Prime Video is FREE but there are more add-ons
Prime Video Monthly
App Store Description
Stream movies and TV shows recommended for you, including Prime Originals like The Grand Tour, The Man in the High Castle, and award-winning kids series Tumble Leaf.
• Customers with Prime can stream a vast library of movies and TV shows at no additional cost.
• Customers in the U.S., UK, Germany, Austria, and Japan can watch videos purchased or rented at Amazon.
• Download movies and TV shows over Wi-Fi or cellular to watch anywhere, anytime.
• Prime members in India can enjoy hundreds of top Bollywood and regional Indian hits like Sultan, Baar Baar Dekho, Kabali, Dhoom series, and more!
• View IMDB data about the actors, songs, and trivia related to your videos during playback with X-Ray.
• Watch on your Apple TV directly by downloading the separate tvOS app (requires Apple TV 3rd generation or later)
• Wirelessly stream from your phone to TV using AirPlay (requires Apple TV 2nd generation or later).
• Add videos to your Watchlist to watch later on any other Prime Video-compatible device.
• Access hundreds of thousands of movies and TV episodes you bought or rented including new release movies or the latest TV programming, with the ability to download titles for offline viewing.
• Start watching the next episode of the show you are currently streaming automatically with Auto Play.
If you subscribe to Prime Video via iTunes where available, payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase and your membership will automatically renew monthly unless auto-renewal is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the then current membership period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours before the end of each membership period at the rate of your selected plan. You can manage your subscription and turn off auto-renewal anytime by going to My Account or through iTunes.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.