Watch the trailer
Check the details on WatchAware
Easy entry creation. With Day One, adding new entries to your journals has never been easier. You can go with just a plain text entry, or add up to 10 photos for one entry and have the app automatically detect the date and location based on the photos you throw in it. This is fantastic because it means no more having to rake your brain and recall when that awesome party happened or where it was or what day you went out on that magical date. Day One 2 does all of that for you, and it's amazing. Just throw in those photos, have the app do the legwork and even show you your movement at the time, and then add captions and finish writing the entry. Add your tags and then save it so the memory is captured in your timeline. It's always fun to scroll through all of your entries and relive your life and all of it's wonderous moments (as well as the bad ones to reflect back on).
Multiple journals. Day One started out with a single journal for users to write in. However, as time passed, the developers realized that Day One was more than just a journal for some people. Now there is support for multiple journals (up to 10 total), and you can have a journal notebook for anything you can think of in the app now. Whether it's your main thoughts, memories, dreams, work related notes, reflections, and whatever else, you can keep it separate from the main journal. And hey, make sure to use the multiple journal feature with Day One's IFTTT (If This Then That) channel so you can automatically add entries in for your social media feeds like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Swarm, and more. The possibilities are now endless, which is a great change.
Map and photo views. While journals are great, sometimes you want to recall where you've been in the world and what you've seen. As you use Day One 2 more and more, you'll accumulate many different locations due to geolocation tagging, and a lot of photographic memories. It's nice to see all of that in a timeline, but Day One 2 also has separate Map and Photo views. The Map lets you see all of the locations you've been to where you've created a Day One journal entry, and if you travel a lot (whether it's all over or just in the city), it's super interesting to have this available in a single glance. And you can be proud that you're a globetrotter! The Photos view lets you see thumbnails of all images that you've added in Day One. It's a great way to see those good times in one view, and if you star entries as favorites, those images in the entry are enlarged to stand out and serve as a highlight. It's clever and fun to look back on things.
What is it about?
Easily the best new feature is a unified editor that makes it easier to write and compose a journal entry. Previously, there was both an edit mode and read mode for the Markdown text.
For those who...
- Want to keep a beautiful digital journal
- Expect useful and powerful features to capture their memories digitall
Not for those who...
- Want to stick with Dropbox or iCloud for syncing
- Don't need a fancy journal
Why we love it
Day One Journal supports Siri commands
Day One Journal is FREE but there are more add-ons
App Store Description
From once-in-a-lifetime events to everyday moments, Day One’s elegant interface makes journaling about your life a simple pleasure.
Award Winning: App of the Year and Apple Design Award
“Day One makes keeping a journal delightfully easy.” —Wired
CREATE HABITS: Make journaling a part of your life:
• In-app and System Notifications
LIFE-ENRICHING BENEFITS: Reap the rewards of your consistency:
• On This Day flashbacks and Nearby entries
• On-the-spot memory enhancement
• Book printing
PRESERVE EVERY MOMENT: There’s no limit to the memories you can save in Day One:
• Unlimited photo storage (Premium only)
• Unlimited journals (Premium only)
• Unlimited audio recordings, with dictation and transcription
• Social media with Day One's Activity Feed and IFTTT integration
SECURE YOUR MEMORIES: Day One Sync provides peace of mind:
• End-to-End Encryption
• Sync across all your devices (Premium only)
• Passcode and Touch ID lock
QUICKLY CAPTURE: Multiple ways to capture a moment
• Share extension from Photos, Safari, and more
• Siri Shortcuts make voice commands to trigger audio or photo capture
• Dictate, record audio or check-in from Apple Watch
• Activity Feed provides a historical view of your location and photo history to make it easy to catch up on your past week
APPLE WATCH: Always listening and tracking
• Dictate an entry voice to text
• Check-in at to insert a placeholder entry that includes the name of the current place
• Record audio for up to 6 hours per recording
• Watch app works independently from the iPhone
FOCUSED WRITING EXPERIENCE: Day One’s clean, distraction-free interface makes it easy to write down what’s important:
• Powerful rich text formatting with Markdown
• Cross-platform support (mobile, desktop, and watch)
• Draw with Apple Pencil or your finger to illustrate an idea or moment, or write your entry by hand.
RECALL EVERY DETAIL: Metadata automatically records the finer points of life:
• Location & historical visits
• Time and date
• Temperature, weather, moon phase, altitude
• Activity—motion and step count
• Music playing
ORGANIZE YOUR ENTRIES: Finding any memory is fast and easy:
• Powerful search
• Multiple journals (Premium only)
• Favorite entries
• Browse by calendar, timeline, maps, or photos
SHARE YOUR MEMORIES: Our export options make it easy for you share your journals:
• Export to PDF, HTML, JSON
• Print your journals with Day One Book
“This superb journaling app remains pleasant to behold, easy to use, and a tough act for any rival to follow.” —Macworld
“If you’re looking for a fantastic journaling app, or a great app for logging and recording various events and milestones of your life, then by far and away the best pick is Day One.” —The Sweet Setup
DAY ONE PREMIUM INCLUDES:
• Unlimited photos
• Unlimited journals
• Unlimited cloud storage (end-to-end encrypted)
• Sync to all Day One apps, iPad, Mac
• Audio Recording
• Dark Mode
• Additional Journal Colors
• 25% Book Printing Discount
• IFTTT integration (Automated Entries)
• Prioritized customer support
Day One Premium is an auto-renewing subscription. It is available for monthly or yearly periods. $24.99/yearly (USD)
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
For technical assistance or other inquiries, email: [email protected]
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.