What is it about?
Moves uses your iPhone's motion coprocessors to determine your activity each day. You'll be able to see things like how many steps you've taken, where you've been, how long it took you to walk, and more. In addition to walks, Moves can track runs, cycling, and more, though it is much simpler than the competition. Even though it can feel a bit dated nowadays, it's still a nice app to have around to motivate yourself to get a bit more active and healthy.
For those who...
- Want something basic and simple
- Don't need anything particularly fancy or powerful
Not for those who...
- Want a much more feature-packed app
- Have to track activities besides walking, running, and cycling
Why we love it
It looks gorgeous and has a simple interface. Plus there is nothing to set up since it uses the information on your device to track activity.
App Store Description
Moves automatically tracks your everyday life and exercise. Just carry your phone in your pocket or bag.
• Automatic Tracking: Records daily walking, cycling and running.
• Places: Recognizes places in your daily life.
• Storyline: Visualizes your day in an easy-to-read timeline.
• Routes on map: See the paths you took.
• Pedometer: Counts your steps, so you can set simple goals.
• Connected Apps catalog: Use your Moves data with other apps.
Seeing your everyday exercise can help you think about your life in a new way. Start with small changes that can lead to a fitter lifestyle and healthier habits.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Moves has been designed to use GPS and other sensors sparingly. The app relies mostly on acceleration data, cell tower and Wi-Fi locations. The new Battery Saving Mode will further minimize battery consumption when stationary in a place.