Watch the trailer
Create smart notes on the fly. Notability lets users create multimedia notes: these can include traditional text (boring!), or you can get a little more adventurous through the addition of drawings and even sound recordings. The end result? A living, breathing note that can record far more information than you might get using pen and paper. It's the perfect classroom companion.
Make it pretty, delete it when you're done. Notability lets users change the background of their individual notes, and you can easily delete the note itself once you're finished with it (though, for lesson notes, keeping an archive might be a smarter move). There is also a comprehensive selection of app settings for users to consider and tweak in Notability, too. Notability is your digital notebook, so make it yours.
Don't type -- draw! In class, there are times when you might want to record concepts, diagrams, or charts without typing away on the iOS keyboard. Drawing or even using Notability's microphone is the way to go when these kinds of situations arise. Of course, your drawings and sound recordings are embedded into the note itself, meaning everything is maintained together in one single place.
What is it about?
The biggest addition in the update involves handwriting. You can now search handwritten notes from the Library and within a specific note.
For those who...
- Need a powerful and comprehensive note-taking app
- Need images and audio in their notes
Not for those who...
- Just want basic notes
- Don't need fancy audio or images
Why we love it
Notability has a ton of powerful features and tools to make note-taking a breeze.
Notability is $8.99 but there are more add-ons
App Store Description
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Top selling paid app on iPad App Store, regularly ranked #1.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
STREAMLINE YOUR WORKFLOW
• Become fully paper-free, in the classroom, office, and at home.
• Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
• Drag and Drop to move files, text, photos, GIFs, web pages, and more from other apps into Notability with Multitasking.
• Secure and lock your notes using Face ID and Touch ID.
HANDWRITE AND SKETCH WITH BEAUTIFUL INK
• Fully express your artistic side with custom colors and match any color with the color dropper.
• Easily create perfect shapes.
• Precisely erase freehand ink or shapes with varied brush sizes.
• Ink is fine-tuned for 1st and 2nd generation Apple Pencil for the most responsive, precise writing experience yet, including double-tap gesture for switching tools, erasing, and more.
SEARCH AND CONVERT HANDWRITTEN NOTES
• Search for handwritten words from the Library and in the note view in any of our 15 supported languages.
• Convert handwriting to text.
• It all happens on your device, so your information stays private.
SAVE TIME WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Multi-Note lets you work with two notes side-by-side.
• Quickly switch between notes with the Note Switcher.
• Drag & Drop handwriting, typed text, images, and more between notes.
• Notability includes full-featured, left-aligned typing with word count and a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
• Save time with keyboard shortcuts.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more - conversion to PDF happens on your device, so your information stays private.
• Annotate imported pictures, lecture slides, and meeting agendas, or complete class assignments.
• Share notes via email, AirDrop, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, OneDrive, and more, or share note content to other apps with Drag and Drop.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Notes are automatically synced with audio recordings so during playback you can listen to what was happening as you wrote.
AUTO-BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability on iPad, iPhone, and Mac, or to retrieve previous versions of your notes.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, WebDAV, and OneDrive are all supported!
Mac app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.