Watch the trailer
Check the details on WatchAware
Free messaging. Chat with your family and friends. Send your location, photos, links, and more.
Free video calls. Make video calls so you can talk face to face with your family and friends.
What is it about?
Skype for iPhone lets you enjoy free video calls and voice calls in addition to chats with your friends and family. It also lets you send photos, video messages, links, and more. It also comes with an Apple Watch extension to enable you to see notifications and chat right on your wrist.
For those who...
- ... have been satisfied with Skype's service. ... want an easy way to make video calls. ... want an app that offers video calls in addition to voice calls and chats.
Not for those who...
- ... are content with their current favorite VOiP and messaging apps. ... don't like to use Microsoft's apps.
Why we love it
Many apps now offer video calling in addition to voice calling and messaging. But Skype remains the gold standard in video calling. It even support group video calling on mobile with up to 25 participants.
Skype for iPhone is FREE but there are more add-ons
"Skype Credit" top-up
App Store Description
Skype keeps the world talking. Say “hello” with an instant message, voice or video call – all for free*, no matter what device they use Skype on. Skype is available on phones, tablets, PCs, and Macs.
• Video calls – Don’t just hear the cheers, see them! Get together with 1 or 24 of your friends and family on a HD video call. Watch everyone’s smiles and cries when you tell them “We’re engaged!!!"
• Chat – Reach people instantly. Send messages to your friends, grab someone’s attention with @ mentions, or create a group chat to plan a family reunion.
• Share – Send photos and videos with your family and friends. Save shared photos and videos to your camera roll. Share your screen to make travel plans with friends or present designs to your team.
• Voice calls – Camera shy? Make voice calls to anyone in the world on Skype. You can also call mobile and landlines at low rates.
• Express yourself – Liven up conversations with emoticons, click on the “+” in chat to send a Giphy or images from the web, and annotate images with words, lines and more.
• Skype to Skype calls are free. Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.