Watch the trailer
Check the details on WatchAware
Find a ride near you ASAP. When you launch the app, you'll be brought to your current location right away. And you can see if there are any Uber cars nearby. Just set your pickup location and then enter the address of your destination. Pick a type of Uber, and then wait for your ride to arrive in minutes. Don't worry about not having a ride again!
Save money on your next ride. Enter points A and B for your journey to see an estimated price range of how much your ride will cost. Plus, make sure to search for promo and referral codes if you're a new user to save some dough on your first ride. It's definitely cheaper than a taxi. But watch out for those Surge times, where the prices are more expensive due to popular demand.
What is it about?
Uber allows you to be in control of your taxi ride via your smartphone and smart watch. When you open the app, you'll see the live location of Uber cars near you so you can request for one to pick you up. After being alerted once it arrives, you'll be able to jump into the Uber, get a ride to wherever you're going, and pay the driver securely at your destination. Usually, this is cheaper and more convenient than a traditional taxi.
For those who...
- Are looking to save money on a cab ride
- Like to have a night out on the town but don't have a designated driver (be safe, friends!)
Not for those who...
- Fear the lack of regulations surrounding the company
- Are paranoid about getting in a car with strangers
Why we love it
Uber is usually quicker, more convenient, more secure (money-wise), and less expensive than a traditional cab. This all comes from quick access on your iPhone or Apple Watch.
Uber supports Siri commands
App Store Description
Uber is a ridesharing app for fast, reliable rides in minutes—day or night. There’s no need to park or wait for a taxi or bus. With Uber, you just tap to request a ride, and it’s easy to pay with credit or cash in select cities.
Whether you’re going to the airport or across town, there’s an Uber for every occasion. Uber is available in more than 500 cities worldwide—download the app and take your first trip today.
Requesting your Uber is easy—here’s how it works:
- Just open the app and tell us where you’re going.
- The app uses your location so your driver knows where to pick you up.
- You’ll see your driver’s picture, vehicle details, and can track their arrival on the map.
- Payment can be made by credit card, cash in select cities, Apple Pay, PayPal, and more.
- After the ride, you can rate your driver and provide feedback to help us improve the Uber experience. You’ll also get a receipt by email.
Need a simple way to get from A to B quickly? Take uberX, our most affordable individual option.
Want to save money on your ride? Take uberPOOL—you’ll travel with other riders headed your way and enjoy a lower fare.
Want to elevate your experience? Take a high-end vehicle with UberBLACK. And there’s still more options—whether you’re traveling with a big group, or need a vehicle with accessibility features.
See if Uber is available in your city at https://www.uber.com/cities
Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/uber
Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/uber
Have a question? Visit uber.com/help.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.