Inform others. Let Wazers know when an accident, road closure, or other issue arises.
Check the map. Zoom in to view popular locations and tap when you see a hazard.
Planned drives. Add a planned drive and the app will notify you when it is time to leave.
What is it about?
Waze is a pretty impressive app. You may plan to leave for an appointment based on how long it normally takes you. But, if there is a traffic incident or closure that will lengthen your average drive-time, it is beyond helpful to know that. Waze has you covered.
For those who...
- Travel regularly
- Need real-time traffic details
Not for those who...
- Never leave the house
- Use public transportation
Why we love it
For community-based reports, real-time traffic conditions, and reminders for what time you need to leave for an appointment, Waze is a terrific tool.
App Store Description
Avoid traffic jams, police traps, and accidents with Waze, the #1 real-time navigation app. Get the fastest routes to your favorite locations and new destinations, all for free.
Waze is a community of 85 million drivers. Here’s why:
- Automatically reroute around traffic as conditions change on the road
- Get police & speed camera alerts while you drive
- Hear road directions by celebrity voices or the average Joe
- Record your own custom voice directions to guide you on the road
- Know how long your drive will take before you start driving
- Find gas stations and the cheapest gas prices on your drive
- Earn points and gain status as you contribute with road info
- Low data usage from your phone
- Waze works anywhere in the world
For drivers who really don’t like to waste time or money:
- Get notified when it’s time to leave for your destination by setting your drive in advance
- Let Waze tell you when it’s time to leave for your events by syncing your calendar with Waze
- Save time looking for parking with Waze parking suggestions by your destination
- Choose to be routed on toll roads or to avoid them
- Get a sound alert if you exceed the speed limit with the speedometer
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while.