Check the details on WatchAware
First aid when you need it. WebMD has a section dedicated to first aid in case of an emergency. You can select from the list of medical issues or use the search box to find one quickly. Then, read through the step-by-step instructions for how to handle the injury or condition.
Helpful app features. When you open the WebMD app, you can quickly get to the section you need. From checking symptoms to setting up medication reminders to reading up on conditions and medications, it is all at your fingertips. There is also a convenient area to find local listings for hospitals, doctors, and pharmacies.
What is it about?
WebMD is a favorite when it comes time to check medical and health details. The app has an intuitive interface and useful information. It also provides customization options for your medications, conditions, and local health listings. The first aid section is a terrific bonus, making this app one to have on hand all the time.
For those who...
- Want an extensive health and medical app
- Like wellness apps that allow for customizations
- Appreciate the WebMD website
Not for those who...
- Do not find WebMD or its content helpful
- Dislike the WebMD website
- Prefer to stick with your current health or medical app
Why we love it
With a plethora of health and medical information along with customizations just for you, WebMD is a must-have app.
App Store Description
Our free app offers physician-reviewed healthy living information and interactive tools such as our Symptom Checker, a local physician and health directory, pill identifier, and medication reminders. Check your symptoms, access drug and treatment information, get updates on top stories in key health topics, and live your healthiest life with the most trusted brand in health information. Save what you search and what you learn for quick access to the health tips most relevant to you.
• Symptom Checker – Choose your symptoms and learn about potential conditions or issues.
• Medication Reminders – View daily medication schedules and instructions, pill images with dosage and timing information, and receive reminders for when it’s time to take a given medication.
**Also available on Apple Watch
• Local Physician and Health Directory – Find the closest physician, hospital, and pharmacy based on your current location or search by city, state or zip.
• Pill Identifier – Identify medications by size, shape and color, and read about uses, side effects, and warnings.
• Conditions – Find medically reviewed information about conditions relevant to you and learn more about causes, treatments, and related symptoms.
• News and Lifestyle Section – Stay current on the top stories you care about most with topical articles, slideshows, and videos focused on key health topics.
• Customization and Saving Functionality – Save your conditions, drugs, doctors, hospitals, pharmacies, and healthy living articles for secure, easy access and reference.
Note: With this update, the Healthy Target and Healthy Living sections will no longer be available. Any data captured for the Healthy Target program will still be available in the iOS Health app on your phone or any third party apps/services you linked to the program.
Download the app and start living your healthiest life today.
WebMD is the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, other healthcare professionals, employers and health plans. The online healthcare information, decision-support applications and communications services that we provide:
- Help consumers take an active role in managing their health by providing objective healthcare information and lifestyle information.
- Make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
- Enable employers and health plans to provide their employees and plan members with access to personalized health and benefit information and decision support technology that helps them make informed benefit, provider and treatment choices.
The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD Health, Medscape, MedicineNet, emedicineHealth, RxList, theheart.org, drugs.com and Medscape Education.
SOURCE WebMD Health Corp.
WebMD. Better Information. Better Health.
WebMD does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the WebMD mobile application.