August 12, 2012
It’s been a good weekend for book lovers, hasn’t it? As far as book lovers who happen to be iOS app lovers as well are concerned, that is. This weekend saw Kobo, one of the four most popular e-reading apps for iOS, being updated with a number of enhancements. Also, Goodreads, the iOS client of the social networking site for book lovers, was similarly updated. And now, a new iOS app for book lovers called BooksWing has been released in the App Store. So named because it’s supposed to “spread the wings of your reading life,” BooksWing lets you keep track of your reading experience. BooksWing is quite reminiscent of ReadMore, one of my all-time favorite iOS apps. But even as I swear by the reliability of ReadMore, I have to admit that BooksWing is a more than worthy competitor. Boasting a friendly and elegant user interface, BooksWing enables you to:
Designed for iPhone and iPod touch, BooksWing is available now in the App Store for $1.99 (same price as ReadMore). A free version of the app is also available, but it has limited functionality. With BooksWing Free, you can’t post a picture or maintain a wishlist, nor can you add more than two currently-reading books. Which is just ridiculous. I mean, what kind of book lover reads no more than two books at a time?!
- Check the list of the books you're currently reading and how much you've read at a glance
- Keep/Manage/Share your thoughts, quotes, pictures during reading
- Add the books you have on a beautiful-looking bookshelf
- Keep a wishlist of the books you want
- Add books easily with barcode scan and search
- Check your reading time and get better reading habits
Kobo - 1 million FREE Books – Read eBooks!