September 19, 2012
W.E.L.D.E.R. has just received another update. As expected, the update brings both iOS 6 support and iPhone 5 compatibility. But if you think that’s all there is, think again. As stated by W.E.L.D.E.R. publisher Ayopa Games, they’ve also “added a laundry list of new content and fixes, including the most requested feature of all time! Read on; you won’t regret it!” Indeed, if you’re a fan of this popular iOS word game, you won’t regret reading through the changelog of its latest version. But if you can’t wait to find out what most requested feature has finally made its way to W.E.L.D.E.R., then, well, read on. So, without further ado ... In the latest version of W.E.L.D.E.R., you can now undo your last formed word. F.I.N.A.L.L.Y. In addition to that, the following general enhancements are included in the newly updated game:
[caption id="attachment_339575" align="aligncenter" width="320"] W.E.L.D.E.R.[/caption] And as if those weren’t enough, the update also includes the following improvements to the game’s two-player mode:
- Challenges in iOS 6!
- Introducing the all-new HOT CHALLENGE!
- “Restart From Last Level” option is now available on the Broken Challenge and the new Hot Challenge.
- Undo your last swap in single player.
- Lookup Words revolutionized!
- iOS 6 Facebook support
- A handy little “Back” button on “New/Continue” game start page.
- We added a toggle for the “Weld of the Day” notifications in the Options menu.
- Now you can tap the Menu button again to close the Game Menu when it is open.
Whew! All of the above and more are packed into the new version of W.E.L.D.E.R., which is available now in the App Store as a free update or as a new $2.99 universal download. [gallery link="file"]
- Rematch! iOS 6 only.
- Read chats at end of game.
- Removal of redundant Game Center games list when starting a new game.
- The past games list now shows the final game score.
- Resign when it is not your turn
- Accept and decline Game Invites
- Remove your old games in the games list.
- Tap the header of the games list to reveal your opponent's real name (has to be a Game Center friend).
- “You Won” art in the Past Games list now appears blue. (It's the little things, right?)
- Skip during playback: once playback starts, tap SKIP to start your turn straight away.