October 28, 2012
Goodreads, the popular social networking site for bookworms, has pushed another significant update to its official iOS client. And the operative word here is "pushed." After well over a couple of years after its launch in the App Store, Goodreads for iOS is finally equipped with support for push notifications. With push notifications enabled for the app, Goodreads for iOS can now notify you of the latest activity within your circle of bookish friends in the network. In line with this, the app now has a dedicated notifications button in the home section. Similar to the notifications button in the Goodreads website, this button reveals the most recent activities when tapped. Of course, the app still has the following key features:
The new version of Goodreads for iPhone and iPad is available now in the App Store for free. The new version also includes iPhone 5 support, full iOS 6 compatibility, and a couple of bug fixes. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Barcode scanner!
- Keep a want-to-read list, and never forget a great book recommendation again.
- See book reviews and updates from your friends.
- Discover new books and explore popular book lists.
- Read ebooks! We have more than 2,000 public domain books, completely free.
- Rate and review any book in our catalog of more than 12 million books.
- Share notes and progress updates as you read.
- Join online book clubs and connect with other readers.
- View literary events near you.