December 11, 2012
Want to accept payments using your iPhone, but don’t want the hassle of carrying around a separate card reader? Say hello to Flint Mobile Pay, which recently launched in the App Store. The free app works by scanning a card number using the phone’s camera. It does so without actually storing the data or image on the phone. Key entry is also supported as a backup mode. Other features include:
Take a look: The Flint Mobile Pay app looks extremely promising. As such, it could prove to be a worthy competitor to Square, which set the standard for transforming an iPhone into a mobile payment device. See also: Square Wallet Updated: Adds Digital Gift Cards In Time For The Holidays, LevelUp Is Now Offering $5 For New Mobile Payment Customers, and I'll Pay For My Starbucks Coffee Using Square, Please.
- Social Marketing: Generate word-of-mouth marketing by empowering your customers to easily share reviews and recommendations with friends and to simultaneously post on your business page on Facebook (if you have one).
- Customizable Business Tools: Personalize receipts with your own messaging, send simple loyalty offers, configure your items menu, enable sales tax and tipping, and view transaction details, all right from the mobile app.
- Online Reporting: View and manage transactions, customer contact info, social media activity, and your profile through our user-friendly web portal.
- Zero-Friction Setup: Start processing payments within minutes—there’s no merchant account needed and no waiting to get a card reader.
- iPhone 5 Friendly: Since all you need with Flint is the mobile app, it doesn’t matter that the jack for card readers is now on the bottom of the phone.
- Low Fees: 1.95% + $0.20 per transaction for debit cards and 2.95% + $0.20 per transaction for credit cards.