March 2, 2013
Zynga has just released its latest game on iOS, and it's called What's the Phrase. What's the Phrase is actually the first game developed by the team behind Draw Something since Zynga acquired OMGPOP nearly a year ago. Like Draw Something, which celebrated its first anniversary last week, What's the Phrase is a turn-based guessing game. But unlike Draw Something, What's the Phrase unsurprisingly challenges you to guess words and phrases instead of drawings. As a matter of fact, What's the Phrase is seemingly patterned after the popular Hangman-like TV show Wheel of Fortune. It requires you to spin a wheel for points, enter consonants or buy vowels, and solve word puzzles. What's the Phrase comes with 40 unique categories along with the following key features:
What's the Phrase is available now in the App Store for $2.99. An ad-supported version of the game, called What's the Phrase Free, is also available for, well, free. Both versions of the game are compatible with iOS 5.1 or later and are supported on iPhone 4/4S/5, fifth-generation iPod touch, and iPad 2 or newer. Download either version of the game by March 4 to take advantage of an early bird special whereby you get an extra 100 coins to start the game with. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Challenge your friends with your own hilarious custom Phrase and hint!
- Use Power-ups for additional hints or be the bad guy and use them to set traps!
- Send gifts to your friends so they can unlock categories faster!
- Multi-lingual? Change puzzle language in separate games to Spanish, French, Italian, German or Portuguese!
- Login with your Facebook account to play against your friends, or challenge a random opponent across the world!
What's the Phrase
What's the Phrase Free