May 13, 2013
Heroes and Castles, the popular strategy game that combines castle defense and over-the-shoulder action, has just received its 3.0 update. And it's said to be the game's biggest update yet, even bigger than its 2.0 update, apparently. Heroes and Castles 2.0, which arrived less than a month after the game was released in mid-January, introduced a new single-player Siege mode, a versus multiplayer mode, and a couple of new heroes. This time, Heroes and Castles 2.0 adds several new heroes, a new campaign, a new map, and many other enhancements. The new heroes are the deadly Assassin, the brawny Barbarian, and the otherworldly Druid. The new campaign, which unlocks only after the first campaign has been completed, offers new environments and new battles. And the new map gives you a new battlefield in the cooperative and versus modes. If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. In addition, Heroes and Castles 3.0 brings the following improvements:
Heroes and Castles 3.0 is available now in the App Store as a free update or as a new $1.99 universal download. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- New ally units! Destroy the enemy with a Dwarven Tank, hit long range targets with the Hunter, hold the line with armored Dwarven foot soldiers, or achieve victory with the powerful magic of 2 new Wizard classes!
- 3 powerful new upgrade levels for units and buildings! Take your units to new levels to match your high level heroes!
- Dynamic, real time shadows added to high gen devices for even better graphics!
- New achievements!
- Evil units in versus mode now scale up slightly along with the the Evil hero, to help compensate for additional Good unit upgrades
- Lowered RAM usage on 512 meg devices (iPad 2/iPad Mini, iPhone 4/4s, etc), reducing crashing in Siege and Multiplayer
- Balance fixes and small tweaks
- Minor bug fixes
Heroes and Castles