May 31, 2013
In July last year, we told you that Gameloft renewed its licensing partnership with Mattel in order to launch a new mobile game based on the toy company's flagship card game. Well, after almost a year, that game has finally been released in the form of Uno & Friends. Take note: Uno & Friends. Not Uno with Friends, in which case you'd be looking at a Zynga game rather than a Gameloft game. Indeed, Uno & Friends is a game from Gameloft, which previously came out with Uno and Uno HD for iOS. And as such, Uno & Friends is — surprise, surprise — a freemium game, offering plenty of in-app purchases for coins, tokens, and whatnot. As its name suggests, Uno & Friends lets you play the classic card game with your friends via online multiplayer:
Join one of the largest online mobile gaming communities and enjoy an all-new multiplayer experience, competitive leaderboards and fun customization options that let you shout "UNO!" on a whole new level!If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. Uno & Friends' key features include:
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 5.0 or later, Uno & Friends is available now in the App Store for free. Uno, which was released in November 2008, and Uno HD, which was launched in April 2010, are still available in the App Store for $4.99 each. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Easy to learn, difficult to put down!
- Create games and invite your friends to play!
- Challenge millions of UNO fans worldwide!
- Use Boosts & Super Boosts to diversify your strategy!
- New leaderboards let you see how you stack up!
- Compete in weekly contests to win rewards!
- Customize your game with backgrounds, card deck designs & special effects!
- Online multiplayer matches over 3G or Wi-Fi!
- Connect via Facebook Connect & Game Center!
UNO ™ & Friends – The Classic Card Game Goes Social!