May 12, 2013
The so-called "Internet Taxi for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad" has just received a huge update. I'm referring to the popular iOS Web browser iCab Mobile, which has just been updated to version 7.0. The most notable addition brought by iCab Mobile is the new drawing gestures feature. This feature lets you enhance your browsing experience with gestures not only for opening websites but also for triggering actions. Check out the demo video below to learn more about drawing gestures. As demonstrated in the video, you can draw, say, an A to open the Apple website, a G to open Google, an E to open eBay, a W to open Wikipedia, and so on. What's more interesting is that you can also draw special shapes to trigger actions. These include an envelope shape to open the mail window and a rectangle to toggle the full-screen mode. The new version of iCab Mobile also offers 1Password integration. Provided 1Password is installed on your device, iCab Mobile can launch 1Password and automatically search for passwords for the currently displayed website. If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. Version 7.0 of iCab Mobile also brings the following improvements, along with some bug fixes:
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, iCab Mobile 7.0 is available now in the App Store as a free update or as a new $1.99 download. The app is included in both AppAdvice's Best Web Browsers for the iPhone AppGuide and AppAdvice's iPad Web Browsers AppGuide. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Polish localization added
- The panel to change the font size can be moved around.
- Whole history folders can be opened at once in Tabs (tap-and-hold on these folders)
- When sending the URL of a web page by Mail, you can now also include a screenshot of the web page
- New Option "Page can set Focus" in the "Settings" App (iOS 6 only), which allows web pages to activate text fields
- New Modules for "Pinner", "Licorize" and "Buffer" included
- It is now possible to save all the currently open Tabs in the bookmarks at once. iCab creates a new folder and places the bookmarks for all the Tabs in this new folder.
- Folders in the favorites toolbar can be opened with all its bookmarks as tabs at once (tap-and-hold on the folder)
- When using your own server for Firefox-Sync, iCab will now also support non-secure "http" connections and you can provide a whole URL in the server field.
- In the download manager it is now possible to select/deselect all files at once.
- In the cookie manager you can prepend the search term with "!" to let iCab show all cookies which do not include the search term.
iCab Mobile (Web Browser)