June 19, 2013
This just in: the daily newscast app Watchup has recently received another significant update. The newly updated app includes eight new channels: ESPN, FORA.tv, KOIN - Portland, Kron 4, New York Daily News, This Week in Startups, WCVB 5 Boston, and WPDE. These are added to Watchup's existing lineup of top news brands, including ABC News, Bloomberg TV, CNN Money, and the New York Times. With these new channels comes the ability to subscribe to up to 20 channels in the newly updated app, which notably has a new interface with support for the following features:
If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. The new version of Watchup is available now in the App Store for free. The app is compatible with iPad running iOS 6.0 or later. For more information on Watchup, check out Bryan's article on the app that details its major update last February. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Just turn the app on and your automatic newscast will play continuously.
- Swipe to the next video, just like a magazine.
- While watching, you can now see and manipulate all your queue: queue up or play any video straight away
- Want to browse videos per channel? Just pull down the top panel and pick your favorite clips to add them to the queue.
- Pull up the lower panel to reveal extensive descriptions about each video.
- Multitask: subscribe or unsubscribe to/from a channel by pulling the left handle while watching.
Watchup: Your Daily Newscast