by Joe White
August 31, 2013
Apple's anticipated champagne-colored iPhone hasn't been announced, but regardless, Sony's forthcoming QX "Smart Shot" camera lens will be ready for the long-rumored handset. That's because according to a recent article published by SonyAlphaRumors, the Smart Shot will actually be available in a white and champagne color option. As a reminder, the Smart Shot will attach to iOS- and Android-powered smartphones in order to enhance the camera capabilities of one's handset. Though a black color option for the Smart Shot is expected to become available, the images of a champagne color option have surfaced online, indicating that the accessory will look good attached to a champagne-colored iPhone handset - if Apple indeed releases such a model. Here are the images: Features of the anticipated accessory, according to SonyAlphaRumors, include:
Sony is expected to announce the Smart Shot at its IFA event on Sept. 4, 2013. We'll keep you updated with further information as we receive it. In the meantime, see: Construction Of Brisbane Apple Store Now Back On Track Following Delay, Carrier 3 Abolishes Roaming Charges For A Number Of Countries, and Penguin, Macmillan Contact iBookstore Customers Concerning $3 Settlement.
- The name of these cameras is actually “Smart Shot“. It’s a mix between Smart-phone and Cyber-Shot.
- The SmartShot lenses have in lens stabilization!
- Again, it’s compatible with all Android and iOS devices via Playmemories APP (the new version will come out soon. My sources tested the BETA version). Connection via Wi-Fi/NFC
- Videos in HD video 1080/30p, format MP4. Can be recorded with low noise even in dark places.
- The captured image is saved automatically in both the smartphone and memory in the camera.
- You can control zoom, exposure, white balance, and focus on your mobile device.
- The QX10 has the same 1/2,3 inch 18 megapixel CMOS sensor and f/3,3-5.9 lens as the Sony WX150 ($400 on Amazon). WIll be priced at $250.
- The QX100 costs $450. That is $300 less than the price of the RX100MII camera ($748 here at Amazon) that features the same sensor and lens! Greta pricing! You can get the best compact camera yet on market for $300 less.