October 23, 2013
Apart from updating its iWork and iLife apps for iOS and Mac, Apple has updated its Podcasts, iTunes Movie Trailers, and Find My iPhone apps for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Each of the new versions of the three apps — Podcasts 2.0, iTunes Movie Trailers 1.3, Find My iPhone 3.0 — features a new icon and a new design that matches the look and feel of iOS 7. Beyond those, though, only Podcasts has been updated with additional enhancements. Along with its new iOS 7-inspired design, Podcasts 2.0 includes revamped Podcasts Store, Search tab, Top Charts, and station views:
In addition, Podcasts 2.0 lets you stay up to date with support for iOS 7's Background App Refresh, with the ability to choose how often the app checks for updates. The app's iCloud integration has also been improved to keep subscriptions, stations, and play positions in sync with iTunes and Apple TV. Podcasts 2.0 also includes improvements to responsiveness and playback performance. Podcasts 2.0, iTunes Movie Trailers 1.3, and Find My iPhone 3.0 are all available now in the App Store for free. All of them are compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 7.0 or later. While Podcasts, iTunes Movie Trailers, and Find My iPhone have been redesigned for iOS 7, both iBooks and iTunes U remain in dire need of iOS 7 interface tweaks and optimizations.
- Podcasts has a beautiful new look and feel that fits right in with iOS 7
- The Podcasts Store is now located in the Featured tab, making it easier than ever to discover great podcasts
- The new Search tab makes finding podcasts in the Podcasts Store fast and simple
- Top Charts now shows podcasts and episodes in a simple list, so it's even easier to see what’s popular
- You can now view your stations as a list of episodes, or group them by podcast