by Brent Dirks
November 25, 2013
Gneo, which offers a new look at the usual to-do app, has just received its biggest update yet with the jump to version 1.0.4. The new version adds a trio of tweaks. Along with a sync indicator, completed tasks are no longer counted in the notebook view or badge icon. Also, the intuitive language recognition has been updated as the date and time text now stays visible. There is also a stable of fixes in the new version. Here’s the complete list:
A universal app designed for the iPhone/iPod touch and iPad/iPad mini, Gneo can be downloaded now in the App Store for $9.99. Launched in late October, Gneo is definitely a breath of fresh air when compared to similar apps with a steeper learning curve like OmniFocus 2. In our original review, Christine Chan was very complimentary of the app, praising its unique viewing features and ease of use. Personally, I’ve enjoyed using Gneo since it launched as it really makes the to-do list accessible while still offering a number of powerful features. For other app news and reviews, see: Team Monster Combines Pokemon And Battleheart Into One, Assassin's Creed: Pirates Will Set Sail Into The App Store Next Week, and Parachuting Frog's New Puzzler Solisqr Is Set For Release In The App Store Next Month.
- Monthly & yearly repeats are now working
- Badge icon is updating after a background sync
- Offline sync is working
- Reminders are no longer alerting for completed tasks
- Evernote people, completing a task from your Mac, iPhone, iPad or Windows Evernote app is now completing on Gneo (Remember to complete the checkmark, not the “Reminder")
- and some other smaller bugs got squashed too!