November 28, 2013
Last week, we told you that Pixbit would be releasing a massive Thanksgiving update for its "out-of-this-world crafting" game, Junk Jack X. Now, just in time for Thanksgiving, said update has been released. Released late last August, Junk Jack X is the sequel to Pixbits original Junk Jack game, which was launched in 2011. As a worthy follow-up, Junk Jack X includes numerous improvements over its predecessor, including multiplayer support, a new creative mode, and a new adventure mode. For the lowdown on Junk Jack X, check out our original review of the game here on AppAdvice. If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. As mentioned, Junk Jack X has just received its Thanksgiving update. And as we reported earlier, it includes numerous features and improvements:
The update also delivers various fixes and enhancements, which are outlined on Pixbits' blog. The new version of Junk Jack X is available now in the App Store as a free update or as a new $4.99 download. The game is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 5.1 or later.
- 4 new IAPs
- added throwable spawner eggs to spawn mobs in creative for fun!
- pine cones will now spawn on replanted spruce trees
- rewrote the fruit management algorithm, now it manages spawning fruits on all parts of a multi leaves tree
- new rare themed equip items
- new autumnal biome on Terra
- new rare Cornucopia containing Thanksgiving loots
- new replantable chestnut tree
- new replantable pomegranate plant
- new replantable sunflower
- new turkey mob
- new squirrel mob
- craftable bamboo blowgun to shot fruit seeds
- a new rare toy: beachball. toss it around and then push it!
- a new craftable toy: paperplane. throw them!
- a new category of throwable items, toys. they're just for fun with friends: throw them and them push them around with your finger!
- setting the spawn point through beds now works in multiplayer
- sleeping in beds now works in multiplayer
- sofas now automatically attach to other sofas
- a total of 8x5 + 8x7x8x15 = 6760 possible furniture combinations to be built!
- 15 craftable paints to dye furniture liners
- 8 sets of liners that can be applied on each different furniture piece
- 8 sets of furniture made by 12 pieces each
- new wood widget used to craft advanced furniture
- woodworker bench: a new addon that took all crafts of carpentry bench
- carpentry bench is now used to craft advanced furniture
- a sixth special difficulty mode: hardcore! If you die your player is directly deleted, no way back.
- 5 difficulty levels: peaceful, easy, normal, hard, very hard
- 100+ achievements have been implemented!
- 4 craftable world locks block to prevent clients placing or removing blocks within their range
- craftable locks to prevent clients from accessing your chests
- a trade window to do safe trades with people has been implemented
- 4 new mannequins items can be crafted to display your equip
- created a dedicated section to multiplayer options
- added an option that prevents placement and destruction of blocks by clients when hosting
- added an option to disable user explosions when hosting multiplayer games
- added an option that prevents clients from opening chests while hosting a world
- added an option that prevents clients from freeing items from shelves
- added an option to disable statistics in online games to save bandwidth
Junk Jack X